Welcome back to Stoney Creek Community School! We have been busy getting ready for school opening on Tuesday, September 6th. There’s a wonderful week of engaging activities planned!
The following information will help you prepare for the first week:
- school starts on Tuesday, September 6th at 8:55 am to 10:00 am (early dismissal)
- a reminder that regular dismissal time will be 3:01 pm
- students will return to their classroom from last year, EXCEPT:
- all current grade 7’s will report to Mr. Angst’s room (107)
- all current grade 6’s from Ms. Smith’s class will report to Ms. Hope’s room (205)
- all current grade 1’s from Ms. Schweers’ class will report to Ms. Catungal’s room (203)
- all current grade 1’s and 2’s from Ms. Daoust’s class will report to room 201 on Tuesday and the Library on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday ***
- all current (new) Kindergarten students and parents will check the list outside the Library and go either to room 200 for the week, or the Library on Tuesday and room 201 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday ***
- all new students (other than K) will report to room 101 on Tuesday and will be assigned to other classes for the remainder of the week ***
- parents are invited to the gym for coffee and tea from 9:00 am to 10:00 am while the students are with teachers
- please join us for our Community Picnic at noon on Friday, September 9th; bring a blanket and picnic lunch, and join us outside
- also, please stay for our Welcome Back assembly and pow-wow dancing performance at 1:30 pm on Friday
Please note that class placements will not be known until Monday, September 12th.
Thank you very much, and have a wonderful long weekend!
Lisa Hartman, Principal